Learn how to find a Protection Class by ZIP code and what to do if you have only the ZIP code and not a specific address.
In this article, you'll find answers to these questions:
- What do I do if I have only the ZIP code and not a specific address, parcel number or latitude/longitude?
- How do I look up a Protection Class by ZIP code?
What do I do if I have only the ZIP code and not a specific address, parcel number or latitude/longitude?
The Protection Class (PC) for each property is based on many factors; the ZIP code that property is in is just one of these factors. So, the PC may vary within a ZIP code.
If you have only the ZIP code, contact customer service at 206-217-0101, by email or by clicking here. Our customer service team will do additional research on the location you're evaluating to get you the information you need.
Learn more about how WSRB determines the PC for each property in our blog post.
Please note WSRB can only provide PC data for addresses in Washington state. If you are looking for data for an address in another state, please click here for more information.
How do I look up a Protection Class by ZIP code?
1. Log in to WSRB.com with your user name and password.
2. From the menu at the top of your screen, select Protection.
3. You'll see the search screen.
4. In the "Search Option" box, select "ZIP Code" from the drop-down menu.
5. You'll see the updated search screen.
6. Enter the ZIP code.
7. Unless you are specifically looking for BCEGS (Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule) data, leave that search box as "Select."
8. Click "Search," and the map will display the ZIP code.
9. To get the Protection Class, click on "Turn Map Select ON" and click on the map. You'll see results for the address you clicked.
10. To find data on another address in the same ZIP code, click on "Turn Map Select ON" again and click on the map.
11. To find data for another ZIP code, enter a new ZIP code in the search box and click "Search." Follow the steps above.
We're always striving to improve. If this article didn't answer your question, please email the Help Center writing team with feedback by clicking here.