Which year do I use to find a BCEGS classification?

Learn which year to enter when searching for a Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS®) classification.

When you search for a BCEGS classification using Protection, you'll need to enter a year.

Use the year the certificate of occupancy was issued for the building or the year the final building construction inspection was completed. This is typically the same year the building was completed.

Sometimes, buildings are renovated substantially, and a new certificate of occupancy is issued. If this applies to the building you're looking for data on, use the year from the new certificate of occupancy.

We're always striving to improve. If this article didn't answer your question, please let us know

Back to Top