Learn more about tentative loss costs and how to use WSRB's tentative loss cost calculator.
In this article, you'll find answers to the following questions:
- How can I use a tentative Loss Cost?
- How do I use the WSRB tentative Loss Cost calculator?
- What if I don't see the category, occupancy or construction type I need?
How can I use a tentative loss cost?
You may use a tentative loss cost for eligible risks until the specific loss cost is available. Whenever a tentative rate is used, you must attach a Tentative Rate Endorsement CP 99 93 and apply to WSRB for a specific loss cost.
CP 99 93 may also be used at policy renewal in the event that, due to materially changed conditions, an existing specific rate becomes inequitable. After the actual specific rate is available, endorse the policy to the specific rate. The new rate will be effective as of the inspection date or the renewal date of the policy.
How do I use the WSRB tentative loss cost calculator?
1. Log in to WSRB.com with your username and password.
2. From the menu at the top of the screen, hover your mouse over "loss cost" and click on "Tentative Loss Cost."
3. You'll see the calculator:
4. Select whether your company has or has not adopted Limit of Insurance (LOI) Filing. The website will default to "My company has adopted Limit of Insurance (LOI) Filing." If you have questions about what your company has adopted, you'll need to ask the appropriate person within your company. Unfortunately, WSRB does not have information on what your company has adopted.
6. Click on "Get Tentative Loss Costs."
7. You'll see the results and have the option to request an inspection. For more information about how to request an inspection, see this article.
What if I don't see the category, occupancy type or construction type I need?
Not all the categories, occupancy types or construction types are listed in the tentative loss cost calculator. If you don't see the information that matches your risk, you can select a similar choice or contact our Product Solutions team at -206-217-0101 or by clicking here. We'll ask you for information specific to your risk and provide you a tentative loss cost.
We're always striving to improve. If this article didn't answer your question, please let us know.