Learn how to request a commercial property inspection so you can get a Loss Cost (specific rating) for a property.
In this article, you'll find answers to the following questions:
- When do I need to request a commercial property inspection?
- How can I request a commercial property inspection?
- What happens after I request the inspection?
- How do I get the results of the inspection?
When do I need to request a commercial property inspection?
You need to request a commercial property inspection if you need a Loss Cost for a specific building and cannot find one on WSRB.com or in PropertyEDGE.
You won't find a Loss Cost for either of the following reasons:
- WSRB has not inspected the building. WSRB only inspects buildings on request.
- WSRB has not inspected the building recently. Past a certain point, inspections and Loss Costs are considered out-of-date and inaccurate and are no longer available.
In either case, you'll need to request an inspection.
How can I request a commercial property inspection?
Subscribers may request inspections for any commercial building within Washington state.
To request an inspection:
1. Log in to WSRB.com with your user name and password.
2. From the menu at the top of the screen, hover your mouse over "Inspection" and click on "Request Inspection."
3. Fill out the form, being sure to complete all required fields (marked with an *). Any missing information will delay the inspection and delay your receipt of the Loss Cost.
4. Submit the form.
What happens after I request the inspection?
Immediately after you submit your request, you'll receive a tracking number you can use to check on the status of your request. You will also receive an email with a confirmation that we've received your request. If we need any additional information from you, we will contact you.
Inspections are typically completed within 30 days of your request. However, delays can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Missing or inaccurate information on the application.
- The building still being under construction.
- The building being inaccessible to our inspector.
- The insured not responding to our inspector's request for building access.
If your inspection is delayed, we will contact you.
How do I get the results of the inspection?
After the inspection is completed and the Loss Cost and accompanying report are available, you will receive an email from us. The email will contain a link to the report and Loss Cost.
We're always striving to improve. If this article didn't answer your question, please let us know.